return to curbside pick-up
Due to the rapid increase in cases of COVID-19 in our area, all ORLA locations will be closed to the public as of December 14th, 2020. For your safety & the safety of our staff, ORLA locations will offer curbside pick-up, as well as take-and-make kits (while supplies last!) & virtual programs available 24/7.
All locations closed on Sundays.
Curbside Pick-Up FAQs
Since browsing inside the library is unavailable right now, it can be difficult to figure out what you’d like to borrow. Here are a couple ways you can select your library materials during Curbside Pick-Up:
- Search our Online Catalog – Searching the catalog will tell you what items we have, what ORLA location they belong to, & whether they are currently available. If you see an item you’d like, you can place a hold on it or call the library.
- Call the Library – Can’t search our catalog? No problem! Give your local branch a call & we’ll be happy to help you find items you’re looking for. If you’re unsure of what you want, we can even give you some recommendations based on what you like to read or watch!
Not sure where to begin when it comes to scheduling a Pick-Up? Here are a couple ways you can schedule a Curbside Pick-Up:
- Place Holds on the Online Catalog – Once you’re logged in* to your online account, you have the ability to place holds on items you’d like to check out. When your item is available, you’ll receive an email or text prompting you to call the library to schedule a pick-up, OR the library will call YOU to schedule a pick-up (depending on your notification settings). *When logging in to your account, your PIN is usually set to the last 4 digits of the phone number you provided us with!
- Call the Library – Can’t log in to your account? No problem! Give your local branch a call & we’ll be happy to help you find items you’re looking for. If you’re unsure of what you want, we can even give you some recommendations based on what you like to read or watch! We’ll place the items on hold for you & schedule a pick-up when your items are ready.
Did you know you can still receive printing, faxing, copying, and scanning services curbside? Here’s how:
- Printing – You can email your prints to firstname.lastname@example.org & call the library. We’ll confirm that we received your prints & schedule a time with you to pick them up.
- Faxing, Copying, & Scanning – Call the library to let us know which service you’ll need. We’ll schedule a time with you to come by. A staff member will meet you at you car & pick up your documents to complete the service for you inside of the building.
Need a refresher on how to search the catalog, log in to your account, & place holds? Watch our tutorials!
Print, Fax, Copy & Scan Services
All ORLA locations are also now offering remote print, fax, copy, and scan services. To print, send your documents to us via email by clicking the button below. Then, please give your local branch a call to schedule a curbside pick-up appointment so that you may pay & receive your prints. To fax, copy or scan, call your local branch to schedule a curbside pick-up appointment– a staff member will come out to your car to complete the service inside for you.
Take-and-Make & Virtual Programs Now Available
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, in-person programs are cancelled for the foreseeable future. Instead, our staff have been working hard to bring you both take-and-make kits (while supplies last!) & virtual programs that you can access from home. All virtual programs, including Storytime, Crafts, STEM activities, & more are available 24/7 by clicking below. Call your local branch for more information on take-and-make kits & availability.Virtual Programs
ORLA locations can allow up to 1 computer user per hour to use Public Computers inside of the building by appointment only. Appointments will be limited to 30 minutes & computer users must wear a face mask. Call your local ORLA branch to schedule a computer use appointment.