There are many ways you can support your libraries. We appreciate any efforts you put forth that can help the us accomplish our mission. This can be done by making a monetary donation to your library or donating your time through volunteering.
We even appreciate your support just by spreading the word about all we have to offer! We sincerely thank you as we rely on the support of our library users and the surrounding community to continue providing quality services and access to all of our resources.
Additional options include:
These are a great opportunity to help your library purchase new materials, furniture and equipment while remembering or honoring a loved one or group. Contributions are submitted in memory/honor of an individual or group and the Library will include a placard, plate, or some other form of identification in memory/honor them. You can make an online memorial/honorarium contribution by using the Donate button & adding Memorial or Honorarium to the Add a Note section, as well as the name of the individual/group you wish to make it for.
Our libraries subscribe to a multitude of periodicals (newspapers, magazines) and each can be adopted in your name, the name of your business or anonymously. These adoptions help offset the costs to the library while providing valuable resources to our local communities. Want to adopt a periodical we don’t currently subscribe to? No problem! Let us know the details and we’ll look to add it to the collection.
The Oil Region Library Association has an Endowment fund that is managed by Bridge Builders Community Foundation. These funds are invested and also have certain restrictions so that they are available for future generations of library users! Visit www.bbcf.org to learn more about Bridge Builders and to begin the process of contributing to our endowment fund through their “donation” section. Reach out to us if you experience any issues!
Consider Oil Region Library Association when planning for legacy gifts. You may designate a branch (Oil City, Franklin, or Cooperstown) or leave it up to the Association to appropriate. These type of gifts help provide a lasting impact for our libraries in your honor.
Volunteer Tasks include:
- If you have a skill set or training in any particular area, we’d love to explore how we can utilize that to benefit the library and surrounding community
- Hone a skill into a public program for library patrons
- Perform equipment upgrades and routine maintenance
- Provide patron tech. support (one-on-one or groups)
- Organize and bundle newspapers or magazines
- “Shelf read” in the stacks for orderliness
- Rotate items within collections to fit properly on shelves
- Re-shelve returned items from carts to their home locations
- Inventory collections
- Apply book covers to new materials
- Dust PC areas, book shelves, office areas, etc.
- Grounds Maintenance
- Collect garbage, pull weeds, shovel snow, etc.
- Organizing donated books